Jewish Community Center of West Hempstead
The Jewish Community Center of “West Hempstead” was founded in the autumn of 1951 by 6 Franklin Square families, known as “The Patterson Avenue Six”. The need was to meet the religious requirements of some 750 families, predominantly Jewish, who set up new homes in our area, once devoted to potato farming. We enrolled over 650 families as members (swelling to over 800) and set up a full program of Conservative religious services, including a Religious School. Our shul immediately became (and still is) the premier Conservative synagogue in the heart of western Nassau County and the focal point for religious, programming and community activities in the desirable “Dogwood Area” of Franklin Square-West Hempstead and beyond.
Location: 711 Dogwood Avenue West Hempstead 11552-3425 New York United States
Synagogue Type: Conservative
Operation Hours: Daily Services,Fri Evening Services,Shabbat Morning Services,High Holidays