Teplice Jewish Community & Synagogue
The Jewish settlement in Teplice is ancient. The first documented mention of the Jewish inhabitants of Teplice come from 1414 when Teplice were described as monastic town belonging to the local women's Benedictine monastery.
Jews were referred to as creditors of the local nobility and Teplice as a liege town provided them with permanent refuge and many economic advantages over royal towns. It was from them Jews were systematically expulsion and were forced to follow strict laws called statutes Judeorum already issued by Premysl Otakar II.
Evidence of the synagogue can be found in the town books as early as 1550. The then added her own Jewish school and the ritual bath - mikvah. The former position of Jews in Teplice is best described by instructions issued in 1606 Radslav House of Vchynský, then owner of the Teplice dominion; Jews were not allowed without permission from landlords to migrate, settle, buy or sell a home, or to complain to the Prague rabbi.
Location: Lipova ul. 25 Teplice 415 01 Czech Republic
Phone: 417 538 209
Operation Hours: Shabbat Morning Services,High Holidays,Tourist Visits